Northeast Ohio is the 12th largest region in the U.S. with more than 4.1 million residents and a $140 billion economy. The major cities in our region are: Cleveland, Akron, Canton and Youngstown.
- Northeast Ohio hospitals ranked in the top 10 of 11 specialty areas, including heart, pediatrics and urology, according to U.S. News and World Report.
- The region’s health care and biosciences industry is growing on average by 7.4 percent annually and is home to 600+ biomedical businesses.
- Intel Corp. has named Northeast Ohio as one of the three top Digital Communities in the U.S.
- Located on the southern shore of Lake Erie, Northeast Ohio has more lakeshore than any metropolitan area in the world.
- Cleveland is home to NASA Glenn Research Center, which is assembling and testing new spacecraft that will be used in future missions to the Moon and Mars.
- The region’s cost of living is almost 4 percent less than the national average.